It’s a new year, and a new start for many of the families featured in Statesman Season for Caring. This week we’re highlighting the progress they have made since we introduced you to them on Nov. 27, and what needs the families still have.
Francisco Zuñiga-Echeverria, who has a profound hearing loss and grew up in foster care, was once homeless. LifeWorks helped move him into an apartment and start college. Now with Season for Caring help, he has new hearing aids and eye glasses. He also has a new bicycle, many gift cards, and a new laptop and printer.
He only has a few more items on his wish list.
- A moped scooter, protective gear and driving lessons.
- An job at a grocery store or something similar.
- Help with college expenses.
- Cooking and gardening classes.
- Gardening tools.
- Allergy testing.
- Softball team membership.
- Safety devices for hearing impaired people including flashing light alarms.
To find out more about Zuñiga-Echeverria or to fulfill one of his needs, contact LifeWorks at 512-735-2473, lifeworksaustin.org.
To make a financial donation, go to statesman.com/seasonforcaring or send a check to Season for Caring, P.O. Box 50066, Austin, Texas 78763-0066.